Sunday, June 27, 2010

Court's 4th of July dress


I did it! I made a cute little jumper for Courtni. I think it turned out pretty cute. I was going to make it all one color (the white) so I bought the material that way, but then decided at the last minute I liked the blue better. What to do, what to do? I didn't have enough blue, dangit! so I thought it might be cute to divide it and just do the bottom section in the white. Not only did I sew the dress, which pattern I found here, but I changed it a little bit and veered off of the pattern and still managed to make it look decent! I am shocked! I don't have any talent in this area. Zero. Nada. This pattern was just so easy to follow, if I can do it anyone can, trust me! I know it isn't perfect, I made a couple adjustments, but it is all straight anyway! Now she can show off her festive side at church Sunday and still wear it to the bbq afterward to celebrate her cousins blessing day! She looks gorgeous in it, even if her hair hasn't been done yet. I can't wait to try to make some fun accessories to add to the festivity!
I can honestly say that I didn't know you were supposed to iron while you sewed, what a difference it makes! It looks so much more professional this way. Anyone who has a brain is probably saying, "duh" but I was clueless, now I am hooked and can't wait to sew some more!
I am linking up hereJoin  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up   party!

The DIY Show Off

1 comments:

Amy Jo Tucker said...

totally cute dress Tami! You are so talented. Thanks for the link, I'm gonna try one! So cute! Can't believe you got a dog! He woops or is it a she, is really cute, you are a nice wife!!!! Cute dog! Have a good week!