Saturday, October 23, 2010

Fall Crafts

I have been in such a crafty mood! I think its the time of year, the fall weather is setting in and its time to find things to do inside. Clayton went hunting and for some reason I get a lot done when he is gone! Who would think! Having that extra few hours at night made a huge difference. I am glad he is back, and would NOT want to do that forever. I missed him like crazy, but it was sort of nice to feel so accomplished at the end of the week with all I got done.
Our ward had Super Saturday last week (a day of women crafting). I love going and was bummed I was missing it (due to no sitter), but now I am sort of glad I did! I went and picked up my craft kits and brought them home to work on and I think I liked the way they turned out better then the originals. The originals were good, but these are "mine" and I love them!
These blocks were cute for Halloween and I don't really have very many Halloween decorations. Not a big fan of all the gory stuff. But I am really liking the cutesy decor I've been seeing.

These Thanksgiving blocks were so simple, but I decided to sand and distress a little. That was not a good idea! They are so small and sanding was time consuming. But I love the look of them. I painted them 1st with a mustard yellow shade of craft paint I had on hand and then after sanding I added some stain to give it a little somethin somethin. ;) I love them now. Simple but cute.

I am a Christmas/ Nativity junkie so I knew I had to do these blocks. I am so glad I did! She had them painted in red white and green (I think?) but I am so glad I went with simple black and some sanding because it will go better with what I have and doesn't take away from the Nativity at the top or the saying. That is what Christmas is about and I adore this craft!


I love this little guy! I got the idea for him off a blog that for the life of me I can't find now! If you know where, please let me know and I will fix it. He is so cute and simple, just a paperback book with the cover ripped off and the pages folded. The branch in the top just didn't give it the umph I wanted so I took a piece of Halloween ribbon and gathered it and stuck it in the hole in the top. I think it gave it a little extra pizzaz. Nothing special, but I think he is a cutie.

My cute little kids wanted in on all the crafty madness and I remembered seeing this craft here and thought it was perfect for the kiddos. They aren't perfect but they were so proud of themselves. I think they turned out cute and can't be better than free! (we had all the supplies on hand). So this is a little of my madness, hope you enjoyed!
Linking up atJoin  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap    up           party!

1 comments:

Gus and Carolee Drake said...

You are just too crafty... Love it! thanks for sharing.