Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Just a little update


Hey everyone! I hope that you are enjoying the Christmas season, we are here! We got the tree and decorations up the day after Thanksgiving, the kids wouldn't let it go a minute longer, which was fine with me, because I love it too! It seems like we just get even more bogged down with things we have to do this time of year and don't take the time to sit back and smell the mistletoe! (ha!ha! I made that one up myself, can you tell?) I hate that, I want to be able to really focus on what matters most during Christmas! Oh well, I guess we take whatever spare few minutes life throws at us and hopefully use it wisely because I really think it makes it even more special when we try to keep the focus on Christ's birth.
I just wanted to take a minute because I haven't blogged about any of our goings on around here for a while now. I can't believe how fast Bryson is growing up! He is already 6 months old and doing so much! At his last well child check, his pediatrician told me to make sure that I had poison control's number handy, because I was going to need it with him! He is just so busy and won't settle down for anything, so she decided that meant he was going to be a troublemaker! He finally cut a tooth a couple of days ago and is working on another one. I hope it comes in soon, because he is miserable and I hate to see him not feeling well.

Here he is actually taking a tiny break from rolling all over the place to see what Brayden and Courtni are watching on tv. I thought it was cute the way he was laying. It didn't last long, soon enough he was off to get into something else!
We spent Thanksgiving over at Clayton's parent's house and while we were there he took some tiny crawling steps (is that what they are called when you crawl?). It was too funny because he looked like a caterpillar! He gets up on his tiptoes and then scooted his hands forward, went down on his belly and then stretched that way again. I have never seen anyone crawl like that before.
Brayden is just as onery as ever! He managed to bend his glasses all up and had to get them adjusted just to get them to sit on his face, not to mention that he popped the lens out at the same time. Poor kid got his coordination from his mom! He was trying to jump off the couch like Courtni, but seeing as he is my son, managed to hit his face on the coffee table instead! He had the tiniest of black eyes, but was fine thank goodness!
Courtni started the weekend off with a quick trip to the walk in clinic. She has an ear infection. I felt bad because I almost didn't take her in because she wasn't really acting sick, just an earache. In fact, while we were waiting for the doctor she couldn't remember which ear we were there to get checked! That had me really doubting, but it was infected! She is doing so good with school and loves every minute of it.
So, the Smith's are doing good, and since I am not sure how much I will get to blog between now and Christmas, I want to wish you all a Happy Holidays!

4 comments:

Hi! I'm Jeni (Jen, Jennifer, or Mom) said...

Gosh Bryson is getting so big. I think I can wait for Jacob to start crawling! Yikes! Can you believe it's been 6 months since they were born!

Wendy said...

Guess the little ones decided they would cut teeth at the same time. I know, I couldn't believe it was there when I felt it on Sunday. Saturday was a blast, remembering old times. Thanks for letting us use your house.

Nate and Steph said...

Blog hopping is fun!!! I am glad you found us!! Now I have found you too and will add you to my friends list too!

Lisa said...

you have such a beautiful family!!!